The IFR Tour brings me to an Italian destination: Reggio Calabria. arrange the flight plan, with the help of Routefinder:
LOWG SID GRZ UM725 SOR UL604 UL58 ELSIS will press STAR LICR
Liftoff is still night (they are 4.30 am) from Graz, and as mentioned above, the flight will pass from Zagreb, Split and then finally Sorrento .
Outside the window is dark, but you can clearly distinguish the constellations: the first image a keen eye will recognize the Dipper, or Ursa Major.
During the flight I had no radio contact and dark outside and dark in the cabin, I had plenty of time to plan the approach to Reggio Calabria.
The latest read on the vertical metar Sorrento gave me
LICR 020G36KT 160 9999 FEW020 OVC080 20/07 Q1012 RMK VIS MIN
As you can see, a strong wind sirocco from the south (160 °) with gusts of 20 to 36 knots made for use only the track 15, so I studied and put into practice the approach POPE DME RWY15.
arrived on Vulcano to a flight level 10,000 feet, I started to go down to 6000 on the reporting point LONDA, located in Sicily, near the tip of the strait. From there, following the route and the 157 ° VOR RCA (111.0), I continued the descent to landing. I would have liked to use Runway 33, with its particular approach locator offset, but the wind did not allow it.
Tomorrow I will return to Salzburg.
LOWG SID GRZ UM725 SOR UL604 UL58 ELSIS will press STAR LICR
Liftoff is still night (they are 4.30 am) from Graz, and as mentioned above, the flight will pass from Zagreb, Split and then finally Sorrento .
Outside the window is dark, but you can clearly distinguish the constellations: the first image a keen eye will recognize the Dipper, or Ursa Major.
During the flight I had no radio contact and dark outside and dark in the cabin, I had plenty of time to plan the approach to Reggio Calabria.
The latest read on the vertical metar Sorrento gave me
LICR 020G36KT 160 9999 FEW020 OVC080 20/07 Q1012 RMK VIS MIN
As you can see, a strong wind sirocco from the south (160 °) with gusts of 20 to 36 knots made for use only the track 15, so I studied and put into practice the approach POPE DME RWY15.
arrived on Vulcano to a flight level 10,000 feet, I started to go down to 6000 on the reporting point LONDA, located in Sicily, near the tip of the strait. From there, following the route and the 157 ° VOR RCA (111.0), I continued the descent to landing. I would have liked to use Runway 33, with its particular approach locator offset, but the wind did not allow it.
Tomorrow I will return to Salzburg.
0 comments:
Post a Comment